Monday, March 9, 2020


A few minutes here and there has really added up and I feel like I'm on the home stretch.  There wasn't enough green to stitch the vines all the way across, so I made a design modification.  It just needed something to fill in the gap.



There’s no pics for the rest of  this post.   One front on Jo Sharp’s fitted cardigan is finished.   It was knit flat and is curled up into a tube, as it is stocking stitch.  I’m sure you can imagine what it looks like….a long, grey knitted tube.  It’s sibling Is on the way.  It would have been an almost finished cardigan if I had not:

A.  Knit two of the same front 
B.   Forgot I had ripped back the second (wrong)  front and frogged the BACK, thinking it was the offending front, which meant I was back at square one…..yarn balled up and ready to start the cardigan….again!

Lesson learned (maybe)….label finished pieces and check before frogging!  Lol  I’m not bothered about it, just putting it down to experience.

The twisted rib scarf is coming along slowly, which is fine, as it is a car knitting project.  Sometimes it’s enough just to have needles and a project in my hands.

Little Genius received some love today.  It’s been sitting in the wip box for a few months and it’s become my quilt group project, where I need something easy to sew in between chatting.  It was the first time I’ve been to this group and it was great fun.  Looking forward to going to the next meeting.

Virus-free. www.avast.com

2 comments:

  1. Knit two of the same front - LOL - I feel your pain! I think it's out left-handedness rearing it's ugly head. One time I crocheted a dress - and had the neckline where the armhole should be and vice versa. I counted like the pattern said - just forgot I had to count from the other side - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! It's nice to know that it isn't just me!

      Delete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...