Monday, February 10, 2020



Ripping and unpicking seems to be the the current theme!  lol. The dress has been unpicked and redone a few times.  The first couple of color choices just blended into the background.  One of them was in silk, too and just looked peculiar.  It was a variegated color, so I decided to have a go at stitching diagonally, just for something different.  I didn't enjoy that, so it's back to stitching half stitches across a row and back again.  Purple is my favorite color, so I'm happy there was one in my stash that looks good on the background.


Making progress on In Harmony.  I stitch on this at the kitchen table, using an OTT light overhead, so I can see the holes.  The hoops is an oldie, but is great for two handed stitching.


Knitted dishcloths in the kitchen are getting low, so it's time to make some more.  I've made a ton using Grandmother's Favorite pattern and am tired of using it.  It turned into the knitter's version of Goldilocks!  lol.  For the first one, I cast on 50 stitches.  That was too big!  That one was ripped back and 25 stitches were cast on.  That one's too small!  It was finished anyway.  The third one has thirty stitches, which is just right! lol


Magnus Mouse (an Arne and Carlos design) has the beginning of a head.  It's being knit in dk,  as I'm still practicing knitted dolls.  I find it a bit easier than fingering weight.... which is my goal, eventually.

Still making progress on the cardigan.  It's up to the shoulder on the left front.  No price today, as it's just a big grey curled up blob, being stocking stitch. lol


This rabbit is a other Arne and Carlos design, which I knit last year.  I knitted her a little dress, rather than a jumper and trousers.  The flowers on the bottom of her dress were crocheted.  That took 3 crochet books (I had to look up everything and they all had different info lol) and patience, but I'm happy with it, as it was the first serious attempt at crochet.



  • I'm still plugging away at practicing crochet.  I've been going back and forth in dc.  The tension is wobbly and I've managed to decrease the stitches by half, that's what I get for not counting.  The hook is larger than recommended, as it's the only way I could see the stitches at first.   I'm getting there, slowly, which is fine. 😊



5 comments:

  1. Nice projects!! Lots to keep you busy!! And it looks like you are making good progress on all of them - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great projects - but Magnus Mouse... Oh my stars - So CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm trying to decide between overalls and a jumper/trousers for Magnus.

      Delete
  3. Lovely projects but I do love Magnus Mouse. She's so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...