Friday, January 31, 2020

January WOOFAS

I'm linking up with Cheryll today for my January WOOFAs.  She has a Mr Linky doodad on this post
where you can see what everyone else has been up to for the month.  I had a few finishes and made progress on other projects, too.  


It snowed a little today.   Just enough to stick to the grass and trees, not the road....and just enough for a bit of a background for a WOOFA.  This is All Hearts Come Home For Christmas , a complimentary  pattern by Hatched and Patched.  I made a few changes, including the wording (I know you figured that part out) and it was finally finished today.   All it needed was a hanger (nothing flash, just a piece of dowel and ribbon).


Scatter Hearts by Shepherd's Bush has been hanging around for a couple of years.  The french knots at the bottom replaced clear beads and rather than a fancy finish, which I thought would be a bit much with the bright pink, it was finished as a little pillow.  All ready to go out tomorrow for the month of February with other Valentine projects.


For the past few years, Cathy Habermann  of Hands On Designs has been sharing a complimentary  cross stitch design around the end of January/early February on the blog.  This is last year's.  Also destined to be part of a February display.  


Just over 100 stitches were put into In Harmony, a Dimensions kit, designed by Colinn Bogle.  (I didn't count the stitches.....that would cut into stitching time!   Just finished a 10 x 10 square, plus a few more random stitches.) It's probably about 2/3 complete.  It's one of those projects that I wonder why I ever stopped stitching on it.  Despite being on dark blue and 16 stitches per inch, it is a very enjoyable project.


The Jo Sharp fitted cardigan is coming along.  This is the second time it's been on the needles.  The first time around I managed to knit two left fronts!  This time I decided to do it in the order laid out in the pattern.  The back is finished and one front is part way through.  It's a really enjoyable knit.


The HST quilt is back in the WIP box after an enthusiastic start, which is fine, as there's no time line on this one.


Same with Geese Around The World.  The four blocks are pieced, then I ran out of oomph.  It will call to me again sooner or later.


These two pincushions in the making started their lives a few years ago as blocks for a quilt.  They sat lost and alone until tonight, when I had a spare 15 minutes and started to be transformed into pin cushions.  Orphans quite often end up as a random block in the back of a quilt, but these are a perfect pin cushion size (3 inches).  

That's it!  Thank you, Cheryll, for taking the time to organize the WOOFA challenge.  This month has been a lot of fun and I'm looking forward to February...whatever I work on!






6 comments:

  1. There is nothing like going "public" to move us along. You have been busy finishing off and working on some lovely projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karen. I enjoy the camaraderie and get to find nee to me bloggers.

      Delete
  2. You did very well Sue at finishing some lovely project and having progress on others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an amazing amount of projects in January. Well done on completing your WOOFA challenge. Congrats...xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been a busy little bee!! Love your two left fronts - reminds me of the time I crocheted a dress and had the armhole where the neckline should be - forgot I was LEFT-handed when I counted the stitches - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...