Monday, November 25, 2019

11/25/19


Finished the stitching on Snow Happy last night.  I left off the border and gave it two doors (because I can't count to three haha!).  I like it.  


Double, Double got a bit more love last night.  Halloween is my favorite stitching theme, so there's a smattering of it all year round.

Both fabrics are washed out.  The blue is a lovely ice blue and the orange is darker.  I'm thinking about tea dyeing over the top of it when it's finished, as I couldn't get it as dark as I wanted.  It's more like a deep cantaloupe than burnt orange!


After seeing a few Starflake by Stephen West, after his mystery kal finished, I knew I had to knit it!  It needs to be wound into hanks next, for dyeing.


The red yarn is fingering weight.  The white was advertised at Webs as DK.  The label says Sportweight DK.  It's not a problem for this project, as the pattern calls for fingering.  It is a case of buyer beware, though.  If I was knitting a jumper or cardigan, it would have been a problem.  Sport weight is 12 wpi and DK is 11, which would throw out the size of a jumper.  

For future reference, do you know if Sportweight and DK are interchangeable in the US?  I moved here a few years ago from Australia, where they are not.  

That's it for this week.  I'm off to clean the house and stuff Christmas balls.  Happy Thanksgiving to my US friends.  I hope everyone has a wonderful week.




2 comments:

  1. I don't know about the weights. I figure when they are that close, it might work out, and somehow fit around my body. I interchange them in socks but fit isn't the most important thing there. LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, LeeAnna. If I'm making a jumper or cardigan, I knit a hat first, instead of a swatch. That way, if it strangles or swallows my head, some adjustments are needed! lol

      Delete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...