Monday, October 28, 2019

10/28/19


Sewed the binding  to the front of Licorice All Sorts over the weekend.  Just need to attach it to the back and add a hanger.  


This is what it looks like on the back.  So glad I didn't leave weaving in the ends until last.  Looking forward to stitching the binding down to the back.


Finished Broken Sugar Bowl for the Farmer's Wife fb SAL.  With so many tiny pieces in theses blocks, I've started using a 1/2 inch seam and found it a lot easier to handle for hand piecing.


The Rain Fell by Little House Needleworks is high on the stitching to do list.


It took one step closer last night, when I dyed a piece of 14 count aida.  Really happy with the way it turned out.


While the dye was doing it's thing, I started picking out floss.  The peach and pale purple will be swapped out for something else, as they don't really fit.












2 comments:

  1. Wow lots of beautiful work Sue,well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Licorice All Sorts is gorgeous! Isn't there a book for the Farmer's Wife? It's on my wish list. Good for you! I cross stitch too and your dyed Aida turned out great. LHN has some really pretty designs. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...