Tuesday, April 11, 2023



The first couple of Half Pint blocks are finished and sewn together.   They're 4 1/2 inches square.  The border on the bottom block isn't quite as dark as it looks in the pic.  There's half a yard of both border fabrics, so I'll keep going until I run out.  Fingers crossed there will be enough fabric to finish all the blocks.

There was a bit of an oops moment.  I sprayed both blocks with a stout starch mix, so they're rather stiff.  Glad it was only two blocks, as I'd like to hand quilt this one when it's finished.


Found this at Harbor Freight.  It's 4 1/2 inches across, so works great for medium sized quilt rulers. 


Magnus Mouse has a new shirt for spring.  He's feeling rather dapper, as it's crocheted from doubled fingering weight mercantile cotton...we won't mention to him that it's scrap yarn.


The latest ring Grey made for me.  The reddish brown is dinosaur fossil.  The sparkles are meteorite shavings.  


A different part. I love it!


Pulled out Which Witch? by La-D-Da.  It's about half way through. and another of those projects where I wonder why did I put it down.  

It's being stitched with DMC 550 on 14 count aida.  The fabric is solid fluro green Rit dye which was cram jar dyed with tea.  It really needed the color knocking down and I do like the way it looks.  I mostly prefer stitching on a plain background, to keep the stitching as the focus, but this works!


A*B*C*D by La-D-Da is finished.  This is the only pic which shows the fabric color correctly.  Dyeing this color was one of those "had a wild hare" moments where I just added kept mixing yellow, tan and brown Rit dye until I had the yellow ochre color I wanted.  Then it sat in the stash until the right project came along.

1 comment:

  1. That's a beautiful ring - you lucky lady! Dinosaur fossil and meteorite shavings?!?! LOL @ cram jar dyed with tea - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...