Tuesday, April 5, 2022

The binding is on Crescent Angel.  It's almost finished.  There's just a bit more quilting to do on the top corners.  I just need to figure that part out.  I dyed the fabric for it and am very happy with it.  There was a hanging sleeve for it, but I think that may have ended up in the rubbish bin!  If it doesn't turn up before Halloween, I'll just make another.  No biggie.

I rolled all the panels I found when organizing the stash (about a dozen) onto a pool noodle from the Dollar Tree to keep them neat and all in the same place.  That's one more thing off my organizing list.  I had many more than I realized.  I rolled them up in the order I'd like to make them.  


This one by Debbie Mumm is a 13 day Halloween advent.  


Maybe an overall quilting pattern on this one?


There's two panels which are the same on this.  Perhaps a double sided pillow?  They're 21 inches square.  Or a pillow and wall hanging for the sewing room.

Digging through and joining batting scraps for these is on the to do list for this week.

Primitive Gatherings has a new free mystery quilt along.   It's called O Say Can You Sew.  I saw it on their YouTube channel "Stitch With Lisa Bongean".   

One pdf clue is released on the first Monday of each month.  The clue is free until the next month is released, then it's $5.00.  The first pdf clue is here.  It is clearly written.

Lisa's using red, white and blue, but says so long as you pay attention to value, any colorway will work.      
I'm thinking about using white with small polka dots for the neutral, different black fabrics for the blue and I'm not sure what color yet for the third color.  If there's enough dark fossil fern, I'll use that.  Fingers crossed there is!



2 comments:

  1. So many options!! I vote for enlarging the second Halloween panel and "fussy" quilting the various parts - and TWO pillows - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you've finished your primitive tombstone design, a perfect finish for that piece.

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...