Saturday, April 23, 2022

 


Just finished baking a batch of ANZAC biscuits.   Of course I had to test a couple out with a cup of tea.  Delicious!  I make a batch every year on or close to ANZAC Day (25th April) and send them to work with Grey to share with his shift.  

I was a teacher in Australia and over the course of 24 years, I taught over 1, 000 children how to make ANZAC biscuits.  Sometimes it was small groups of about five or six kids.  Other times, it was a whole class.  That's somewhere between 24, 000 and 26, 000 biscuits!  It's just something you do when you're an elementary teacher in Australia.

What's Sue on about, you may be asking right now.  ANZAC Day is part of the Australian identity.  If you're interested in reading about it, click here.  If you would like a recipe that is in U.S. terms click here.  It's a simple recipe made with pantry staples.  If you do give it a go, I'd love to know what you think.


1 comment:

  1. Those look yummy!! I printed the recipe - just need some shredded coconut - and I will give it a go - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...