Monday, January 31, 2022

The dye pot had a good workout on Saturday night.  This is the fabric for Tongue and Groove  (at last lol).  The blue is a mix of aquamarine and indigo.  The fabric for the red was a bit of a surprise.  I thought it was plain.  Need to check that from now on.  The color I used was scarlet.  I know scarlet can have an orange tinge, which this fabric has, but it always seems weird.  lol

The blue dye wasn't exhausted, so I threw in a piece for Cutting.  It looks good with the flowers and pot.  A dig through the stash is needed for a green with more contrast.

Threw some 14 count aida scraps (plain and lurex) and indigo into the scarlet pot  after taking out the fabric for Groove and Tongue.  These purples are the result.

Also tea dyed some white 14 count aida, as I've almost run out, including scraps i use for ornaments.  I need some for the Winter Olympics SAL new starts, too.

I've been thoroughly enjoying stitching Love Grows by Melissa.  It's stitched on the back of a scrap of 28 count Vintage Cashel by Zweigart.  The flosses are Paeony by Cottage Garden Threads and DMC 421.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...