Wednesday, January 26, 2022

 


Progress on Cutting.  Used Sarah Fielke's foil method for the yellow circle. Here's the YouTube link.  I'll be making another one, as I didn't notice the motif wasn't centered until after I made it.  It will bug me if I don't now I've seen it.  

Used the starch method for the leaves.  Now to see what it's like when I sew it down.  It's the first time I've done it.  

The red circle was nothing fancy.  Just drew around a dinner plate and cut it out.

  When I iron cotton clothing, I spray the garment with water, then throw it in the freezer for a few minutes.  It helps get the wrinkles out.  Last night was the first time I'd tried it on quilting cotton It worked!  The stubborn creases came out easily.  I'm sure it will work with fabric for cross stitch, too.


Cast on the Venezia Shawl by Joji Locateli.  BEB says it's a SCARF, because it's wrapped around the neck.


This is my start.  The yarn is Bullfrog by Miss Babs.  It's fingering weight, 75% superwash merino, 15% nylon, 10% tender.  In other words....sock yarn.  I started knitting a sock with it ages ago, but didn't like the feel of the fabric.  It sat patiently in stash waiting to meet it's destiny as a scarf.  I'll change to the decreases just before halfway through the ball.  The pattern calls for 400g of yarn.  The yarn I have is 500g.  I'd rather have a longer scarf than 100g leftover yarn.

This is the last of the yarn and patterns that are matched up.  Before matching any more, I need to empty some knitting bags.  I cast on projects as I fancy, so long as there's an empty bag.  If there aren't any spare bags, I usually just make one.  I'm not in the mood for bag making just now, therefore things need to be finished.

















No comments:

Post a Comment

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...