Sunday, December 5, 2021

 


This is the first quilt I'll be making from Kim Delhi's Whatnots 2 book.  I kept changing my mind during the week about the fabric.  Sometime in the next couple of days, I'll dye some homespun.  The background will be dyed red.  The small tongue, blue.  The large one will be plain homespun.  That will give me until July to get it finished.  The outside lozenges will be blue and plain homespun.  The background will be red.


The Little Quilts book arrived yesterday.  This is the first quilt I'll be making from that book.  As soon as I saw it, I knew the fabric I want to use.

I'm horribly out of practice at hand appliqué, so both quilts will be perfect for that.  This will be a spring wall hanging.

Painted the box with white acrylic paint and attached the cross stitch.  I used Sarah Fielke's tutorial as a guide.  It's for quilt fabric, not aida but still worked.  
 

Round Robin by Brenda Keyes is well on the way to being finished.  One more side to go, then on to the borders for making it a biscornu.  It will be a winter ornament, since it's English robins.  It went into time out for a day or two later night after making the same mistake a few times.


Stitching on Snow White by Little House Needleworks instead.

Most of the cross stitch WIPs are small and only need a few days of stitching to finish.  Christmas Row is up next to be FFOed.  I'm thinking about painting a piece of wood, sttetching the cross stitch around some foam core board and mounting it.  It's not something I want to frame or make into a pillow.


More happy mail arrived yesterday.  The previous Clover needle threader wore out and I don't want to deal with small eyes and fuzzy cotton ends.

The knitting needle gague has metric, which most of my needles are.  There's a couple more needle sizes than US.  The ruler will come in handy with the red line for measuring gague swatches, too.



1 comment:

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...