Thursday, July 8, 2021



The first step of making a Frankenjumper is to bring out the big guns.

The second step is to swatch...and most importantly, record the measurements somewhere they won't be thrown away.  Before having a bath....19 stitches over 4 inches on 5.5mm needles.  Nice and drapey.  The color is cocoa and is nothing like in the pic!  


I found a channel on YouTube called Hooked By Robin which I'm finding really helpful.  She explains things really well and includes small details which have lead to a AHA! moments.  These are some of the legs for a crochet octopus with the Premier yarn from the $100 Tree.  There's been a lot of frogging and some are being discarded (looking at you, top right leg! 😅) and it's slow going, but I'm making progress, which makes me happy.


 I love these for storing floss.  This is my second one (the one I have already is full).  They're double sided, which means they hold a lot of floss.  

Zero calorie eye candy.  

Two new cross stitch Halloween starts.  The fabrics are 14 count aida scraps which were part of a late night dyeing session last year.  The dye base was a yucky green overdyed with Grey.  They're perfect for Halloween smalls.  

They're Tuesday and Wednesday's 15 minutes a day stitching projects.  There's 3 more Halloween patterns ready to go for Thursday, Friday and Saturday.  Sunday and Monday projects are Christmas.  15 minutes a day on small projects adds up and is fun.  More details in my next post. 

Unless there's a power cut, I'm getting in my sewing room today or I may not be responsible for what BEB does!  Haha!  Bailey needs new belly bands  (it's a necessity, not weird modesty...I'll leave it at that!) while some software is downloading to the laptop.  This will be day 3 of trying to install it.  Fingers crossed this will be the day!  Then, back to the Always Be Kind appliqué.

The heavens have opened....and the power has gone off.  I had to say it, didn't I?  lol




2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha @ $100 Tree - I hope the power was not off for long - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your knitting is looking great-I wish I knew how to do that. And great idea spending at least 15 minutes a day on a small project .Looking forward to your next post.

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...