Friday, January 22, 2021

 


A scrap of yellow fabric was just the right size for a needlecase for doll making needles.  The longest is 12 inches.   A scrap of bamboo batting holds them all.


It may not be fancy, but it works!



Hugs and  Kisses has been started.  Changed the four patches to nine.  



Thinking about seeing if I can work out a feather patteen for inside the hearts and echoing it in the nine patches when it's quilted.


The hand quilting on this one is ticking along.  One thread a day is just enough to be enjoyable and leave me looking forward to more.



30 minutes a day is helping Crow Berry Sampler grow.  Playing a game of floss chicken with the red.  If necessary, I'll dye some more.


Love by Hands On Designs was a 2017 Valentine freebie.  It's a sweet, fun stitch.  


The top trim will be used on the love cross stitch.  The bottom trim is for the next Valentine cross stitch. 

The fabric from the never ending scrap box is cut up.  Next up is going through fabric tubs and cutting up scraps that are lurking in there.  Plus, refolding fabric.  Any excuse to pet fabric, right?  lol. Some of it just needs wobbly edges trimmed where it's been used for appliqué. 


It needs a bag.  This fabric jumped out, screaming "pick me!"  How could I say no?  Haha!



 





1 comment:

  1. I used to make dolls about 35 years ago. Soft sculpture. I still have a few here that the grand children play with. Who would have thought that putting a referee outfit on a doll back then and now my son wears (well, used to wear) one refereeing hockey 20 games a week.

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...