Thursday, December 17, 2020

 


These were fun to make.  Mind you, I was heating, not twisting them!  It's hard to get a good pic when it's overcast, even with lights on.  Not complaining about the weather, though.  A bit of freezing rain in the morning and "ordinary" rain on and off all day led to a picturesque foggy view through the leafless trees this morning.  There's a chance of snow for Christmas Day.  I'm so stinking excited!  lol


The bags are done.  I like them and so does Grey.   I think we are finished making ornaments now. Grey found a tin of Johnson paste wax, which I used on the last of the snowflakes.  I'll be using that from now on, instead of boiled linseed oil.  No more smoking gloves and burnt fingers! lol


This Prairie Schooler was my motivation to get everything finished today.   It's the first 2021 Halloween ornament, not one that was too late for this year.  lol 


All four sides were sewn up, a stuffing hole was cut in the back, stitched up and an appliqué leaf was added.  It'll be tucked away until next Halloween.  I have about another 6 ornament size aida scraps, so the hunt will be on for some more witchy patterns.  If I can't find any, I'll pull out the graph paper and design some.  

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your ornaments - and bags! And it's never too early for next Halloween - LOL. Gotta love that graph paper - it's wonderful stuff - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...