Wednesday, December 23, 2020

The fabric was quite dense on 6.5mm needles.  I started again with 8mm needles.  Swapped out the slip stitch honeycomb for mistake rib.  Now it's squishy.....just as I envisioned it.  Made the stripes narrower, too.  Seven rows instead of twelve.  

I found out how well the ends are weaved in when I started frogging.  That's just taking a bit of patience and my smallest knitting needle.  Everything is being reknit from the originals or they'd never be frogged.  😊


My hand quilting skills have cobwebs on them.  Started off with a sharp, as I had no idea where my hand quilting needles and I had to start stitching right then!  lol Found them the next day in a box with a thimble, needle threader, scissors, tiny pin cushion and bees wax.  I'm sure at the time it made perfect sense to put the box in that cupboard.  lol

The thread blends in nicely.  It's Gutterman CA02776 from stash.  Years ago, Spotlight (Aussie big box store) were selling baggies of twelve Gutterman thread for $4 in different colors and I snagged a few, so I'm thinking it may have come from there.

I'm quilting it in hand (one length of thread a day), as I don't have a quilting hoop atm.  I do have an eye on one from Missouri Quilt Co. for sometime in the future, if I decide to keep hand quilting.


Spent a lot of time stitching, frogging and restitching.  The whole stitches are almost finished.  There's just over four hours left on Pride and Prejudice audiobook.  Fingers crossed it'll be enough.

Did you see the Great Conjunction?  It was cloudy here, so we couldn't see it on Monday night.  I did see a meteorite, which I was happy about.  I just happened to look up at the right time. It's too cold to sit outside for hours watching the sky.  

I have an app on my phone called Skyview Free, which I use most nights to look for planets and constellations.  I can usually spot Mars and Orion without it now.  I'd been watching Jupiter and Saturn over the last week or so.  

The app is a great help, as things that look like they should be constellations are not! lol The only gripe I have with it is, as usual, it is made for right handed people.  The star "names" are in the bottom left corner of the phone, which is a bit annoying and awkward.







1 comment:

  1. Squishy sounds good! And, of course, it made perfect sense to put it in that cupboard at the time - I put stuff in a "special" spot sometimes - but I never find it again - LOL. I'm glad you saw the meteorite - and - NO - I didn't see the Great Conjunction - but I did some fantastic photos of it. About the only thing I can ever identify in the night sky is Orion. This right-handed world gets to me sometimes, too - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...