Wednesday, December 2, 2020


 Bailey's face and top knot needed a trim. I managed to do it this time without making him bald!  lol

Snowmen ornaments are always fun to stitch.  The copper ginko leaves Grey made help fill out the basket. 


These ornaments don't play nicely with others, so they're separated.  lol
  

Shepherd's Bush designs are sweet.  


Mixing the old and the new.


A Christmas emu?  Why not! 😁


This makes 21.  22 is being stitched and there'sanother two that need to be finished as ornaments.  How many cross stitch ornaments is too many?  One more than I have!  lol

Rudolph is rocking the deer in the headlights look.

A Christmas bonbon.  

Boneyard, by Stephen West, my car knitting project is finished.  It was started in May and finished last week.  The yarn is Noro Silk Garden.  It wasn't blocked, just washed and laid out to dry last week.  There's a spine of yarn overs up the middle, which makes the stripes go up at an angle, rather than be horizontal.  It's light, warm and perfect for throwing around my shoulders.

I waited until Friday night to take a photo, after the floors were vacuumed and mopped, as it's 5 feet 7 inches across at the top.  I had to stand on a step ladder to take a photo.  

Bailey inspects all knitting and quilting projects that are laid out on the floor and this one meets his approval.  lol

The next car knitting project is a hat.  Nothing fancy, as I don't want to be fumbling with patterns and stitch markers.  The yarn is leftover balls of King Cole Riot.  

There's 80 grams / 2.8 ounces in the small ball.  If I run short, I'll just finish it off with the larger one.  They're close enough!

Reminder 1: Cast on 96 stitches for DK.

Reminder 2:  Write the pattern in the knitting book, so I don't end up with a hat big enough for a giant.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE your projects - and Bailey! "One more than I have" - applies to my UFOs - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...