Friday, November 20, 2020

Clinicals are finished and there's six more classes to go.  Then I'll just have to keep reviewing to keep everything fresh in my mind until I can sit an exam sometime next year.  I had an interview on Tuesday for an endoscope technician at a local clinic.  I'll find out before Thanksgiving if I have the job.  I'm not holding my breathe, but you've got to be in it to win it, right?  

It's getting too cold to go out on the back porch before the sun come up for a cuppa.  Bailey was quite comfy on my lap wrapped up burrito style in the blanket I crocheted for him a while recently.


I put in a few minutes stitching here and there.  Finished this one.  The pattern colors were red and green, but I preferred blue.


A few more minutes here and there has this one half way finished.  The colors were changed again.  Both are on 14 count lurex aida that's been lurking in my stash for a while (aka years lol).


Arne and Carlos released an advent Christmas ball pdf.  Resistance is futile when it comes to their knitted Christmas ball patterns.  They don't use much yarn,  so sock yarn scraps are perfect.....just not the red, which is much more stretchy than the white background yarn, which played nasty games with the tension. That one's in the rubbish bin and will be knit again in something that plays nicely! 


Banged out a Christmas sweater on Wednesday for Magnus Mouse.  The holes under the armpits need to be sewn up, the ends weaved in and then I'll have a go at duplicate stitching a snowflake on the front.

I'm looking forward to catching up on reading blogs.  



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on finishing up your clinicals! Bailey is a cute burrito - LOL. Love your cross stitch and knitted goodies, too! - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...