Wednesday, September 16, 2020




There was some auditioning of stitch lengths and widths yesterday on small scraps of fabric and batting. 


There was also a bit of frogging.  The original thread (the one on the right) was too bright and the stitch width was too small.   Next time, I'll add a scrap of the fabric which is being appliquéd.


 

This morning the appliqué was finished.  Echo quilting around the flowers and stems is next.  There are some potential problem spots, as the background fabric wasn't starched (it's not like I don't have a jug of liquid starch!).  If need be, it'll be hand quilted, with big stitches and I'll say it's a "contemporary" quilt.  Nobody will know the difference.  lol

Bamboo is my favorite batting.  It's lovely to machine quilt on, has fabulous drape, is warm and is microbial.  

The background fabric has been sitting in my stash for at least a decade.  There's 3 metres of it and I over dyed it.   I like it very much, which means all the fabric which was picked out for the fall table runner has been put back in the stash, as I'd like to play with this some more.  Fingers crossed there's enough of the hand dyed yellow/orange fabric.  It may be a table topper instead of a runner.  lol



 

1 comment:

  1. VERY nice!! It's fun to try different stitches - and colors - sure beats frogging - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...