Sunday, September 27, 2020

Started a new set of belly bands for Bailey yesterday.  They're mostly finished.  Just need to finish sewing the velcro down.  They're easy to cut out and sew and they really don't feel like a chore.  Cut the scraps into 2 inch squares, as I don't want to even add a small amount of fabric to the scrap bins.  lol

This was all the crafting that was done yesterday.  Raided the 12/ inch hexi tin and decided to give starch basting a go. Couldn't find a small paintbrush after a 30 second look.  Put a dab of glue stick on the cardboard hexi to hold it in place, flipped them over and gave them a squirt of starch, then pressed each side down.  Hopefully the needle will go through without any problems. 

I swing between glue and  thread basting.  I don't have a preference, just whatever takes my fancy at the time.  Thread basting is a good way to finish off those leftover threads from the top and bottom sewing machine bobbins.

I spotted a technique I've not tried before.  A brush with starch is run along each side, without touching where the fabric and template meet and pressed individually.  Desperate times call for desperate measures.  lol. I will give it a proper go to see if I like it.  It's fun to try new techniques, even if I never use them again.....toe up socks I'm looking at you!

I only need 3 to decorate the front of a tin to keep a Snagnabit in.  Fingers crossed, there's some crafty time today.  They just need whip stitching together, glueing to the front of the tin, then a few layers of Mudge Podge.



1 comment:

  1. OK - what the heck is a "Snagnabit"? Aussie has some interesting words - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...