Saturday, March 21, 2020



This an oviraptor egg, because of the elongated shape.  If a rabbit can deliver chocolate eggs, this can be any kind of egg I choose it to be.  lol. The shape may change a bit after a tumble in the dryer with a damp cloth, but that's pretty doubtful.  Oh, well.  On to the next one.  


Happy National Quilting/World Wide Quilting Day.  To celebrate, I've started a stitched block  from the book Simple Pleasures by Anni Downs.  I have a few of her books and the designs are always fun.  The hardest thing to do is choosing one to stitch.  


I had to start when I remembered there were some calico strips in my scrap bags that were about 3 1/2 inches wide.  The design was stitched with a frixion pen using a light box.  I like these pens for tracing, as there's very little drag and it's easy to erase if i make a mistake.



This pic is from the book.  I like the layout, so will probably finish it in a similar way.  There's only 12 pieces to stitch, which means it will be finished and ready to hang in the summer.  (Not saying which summer lol)

Crescent Angel and I are not on speaking terms at the moment.  It only has two colors and I managed to stitch half of last night with the wrong one.  It was frogged and restitched last night.  It was tempting to put it back in the WIP pile and replace it with Miss Mary Mack.  I'll get back to it again tonight.

Do you listen to audio books or podcasts?  I recently discovered the app Stitcher.  It has all kinds of interesting things to listen to.  LeVar Burton Reads is one I started listening to this morning.  He reads short stories and it's been running since 2017.  His voice is easy on the ear and the stories he reads sound like they could be interesting.  It felt a bit odd listening to him for the first few minutes, as the only other thing I knew about him, was that he played Geordie in Star Trek: Next Generation, which I listen to when on the sewing machine.  It's one of my favorite TV series and I've watched it so many times that I don't need to look at the TV screen to follow it.  lol

I also have Audible and am listening to Dune by Frank Herbert.  I often finish books before the month is up, but not this one.  I first read it in the 80's and read the series every couple of years or so since then.  The Audible version has a great narrator.  There's background music and some parts of it are read by other actors, which makes it interesting to listen to.








   

1 comment:

  1. You're right - if a rabbit can deliver chocolate eggs - it can be any kind of egg you choose it to be - and oviraptor sounds good to me - LOL. I like your projects - you're always up to something interesting - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...