Saturday, March 28, 2020


This morning I woke up thinking about knitting.  

This is Magnus Mouse.  He's one of Arne and Carlos' creations.  He needs a snout, ears, tail, eyes, jumper and pants.  


This is a scarf made with some Miss Babs fingering weight merino.  The twist on it is tight, which I really like for lace knitting.  The pattern is Old Shale.  The plan is to keep knitting pattern repeats until the yarn runs out, then give it a bath and block it.  Knitting lace is magical.  When it's on the needles, it looks scrunched up, then after it's has a bath and blocked, it turns into something beautiful.  The colors are dark, with no pink!  


There's always a sock on the needles.  This is Dragonfly Fibers Djinni.  It's merino, cashmere and whatever they add to sock yarn to make it stronger!  It's my favorite sock yarn and feels like I'm walking on clouds.

It's knit cuff down, with a 2 x 2 rib, which is measured on my middle finger (technical, I know), about 8 inches of stocking stitch for the leg, (eye of partridge pattern) heel flap and gusset, then on to the heel, foot and toe, which is kitchener stitched closed.  It's perfect to show off the variegated yarn.  


I can't remember knitting this.  It must have been the knitting fairies.  I found it in a random knitting bag.  It's a front for my cardigan.  It's going to be frogged, as there are already two fronts and half a sleeve.  The yarn is Berocco Vintage.  It's an acrylic and wool blend.  It's soft and the drape is lovely.  

There's a ton of different colors and I'll be using it again to knit more cardigans and jumpers.  I chose grey for this one, as I wanted a color that would go with anything.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE all of your projects - especially the third front - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your mouse is very cute and lovely scarf you are knitting too.
    Will be good to re purpose the nice wool form the fronts of the cardi when unraveled...

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...