Tuesday, December 27, 2022

 

Christmas Woodpecker is an FFO.  It's backed with a scrap from one of the to be cut up piles.  

All the floss I was gifted is bobbinated and is in the orphan floss box.   

Stitching Snow by Glory Bee from the 2004 JCS magazine on 18 count aida.


I filled the crafty note book and replaced it recently with this journal from the Dollar Tree.  I like this one because the dates are blank.  I've kept crafty diaries for years, filling them with mad scribblings, transfer anything I want to keep into permanent notebooks.  

The Father Christmas project ran into a bit of a problem.  I was excited on Thursday to receive an Amazon package of what I thought was a bolt of fusible webbing.  I'd ordered fusible interfacing instead.  Oops!

This is one of those projects that I just pick up every so often and stitch on it.

It's a bit of fun to have a crafty word of the year.  Next year's word is SANTA....because there is not one handmade Santa in the house!  There's cross stitch, quilt and doll patterns in the stash....so plenty of inspiration.

This will be my cross stitch BAP (big arse project) for next year.  It's close enough to a Santa.  Everything is ready to go, apart from zigzagging the fabric.

Grey and I work at different hospitals in The Big Smoke and he drops me off about an hour earlier than my shift starts.  For the first few shifts I was twiddling my thumbs, then had an aha! moment.  A vanilla sock is the perfect project.  It's small, portable and easy to pick up and put down.  I've made enough of them to be familiar enough with the pattern to know where I'm at when I pick it up again.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE your projects - especially the BAP for next year! I'm looking forward to seeing that one come together - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so much cuteness going on Sue. Your Woodpecker stitch is fabulous and looking forward to seeing your progress on the Glory Bee stitch. Such a sweet embroidery as well. Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The woodpecker is lovely. TW's Father Winter is an amazing piece too.

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...