Tuesday, November 22, 2022


Melissa's Summer Stamp design was stitched on a scrap of 14 count aida that I'd cram jar dyed.

So was her Watermelon Stamp.  I had to leave off the border on both, as being stitched on scraps, there wasn't enough room for them.

They were both finished in the middle of summer. 

I save any usable scraps and when there's enough, mix up concoctions of leftover over dues and see what I come up with.  It's getting to be a bit of a pile, so I need to get stitching!

This is where I'm at with sewing the 2 inch scrap squares together.  898 pairs and a few 4 patches have been pressed open, 600 pairs of squares are ready to press open, 289 pairs ready to be pressed and a small pile left to sew!  The vague plan is a few different four patch quilts when they're all pressed.

Grey surprised me with this Dr Who clock, which is made from a record to celebrate finishing my orientation/training for the job I started at the beginning of October.  I love it!  

I'm beyond thrilled at getting the job.  I've been trying for two years since I became qualified.  It's a few minutes up the road from where Grey works and we will be on the same shift, which is great!

This is my favorite quote from the show.  I have an idea for turning it into a cross stitch design.  I'll keep you posted!








1 comment:

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...