Sunday, June 12, 2022

 

A lot of the charm squares weren't even.  I could trim them to the same size and make smaller blocks, but I don't want to.  I'd rather just pick another project.  So on to Plan C!  Plan B was to use calico for the neutral, but decided on a mystery cream fabric instead.  The squares are 2 inches.   Not quite sure of the layout....yet.  Plan C is make it up as I go along.  lol

Started a sock during Knit Night.  It grew a bit more with some car knitting.  The colors are more muted in r/l.  I think they will be a pretty pair of socks.

Teeny, tiny beads were just perfect for.....

....giving this an icy ring.  I do like the way it looks.  It won't take much to finish it off, just a bit of modge podge to seal the paint and to secure the beads.

Cut a piece of fabric for backing the flower pot wall hanging.  Someone gave it to me years ago.  It has gold metallic speckles and it's not something I'd use in the front of a quilt, but will make a great backing.

Back to cutting scraps.  Petting fabric scraps and cutting them up ready to sew isn't a chore when it's a few at a time.

 

Grey has another baby gecko.  This one hatched Saturday morning.  Snapped this pic a few minutes after hatching. This one likes to jump more than run.  When I was putting him in the new baby box, it took three jumps to be tangled up in my hair near my shoulder! It was the only thing that slowed him down.  Such a little cutie and a very pretty tail.

I think by then end of the week I'll be caught up with the things that need to be done.  I'm looking forward to slowing down and having more time for the fun stuff.

2 comments:

  1. More time for the fun stuff - YAY!! - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the icy edging to your Ornament. Are they sewn on or jus glued in place?
    The baby gecko is adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...