Thursday, November 18, 2021

The local Arts and Crafts Council asked Grey and I if we'd like to put anything in the gallery for Light Up Night.  It's on the 3rd December.  We have NOTHING in stock, so we've both been working like crazy for the last few days.

We stopped doing craft shows a few years ago when Grey started working weekend nights.  The last one we did was a couple of years ago at the Arts and Crafts Council.  Grey took the night off then, as he didn't want me to do it on my own because our booth was bursting.

We thought it was on again this year, but misread the message. It's held in a drafty, huge, old converted YMCA, so I was happy to set it up, run the booth and pack it up.   Then I had a think about it and am quite happy dropping our stuff off.  I'm fully vaccinated and wear a mask, but...... 

I'm sewing some dilly bags and whateverelse I can get made (thank goodness for stash!  lol) The pic is the first one.  I changed the style, so thought a trial run was a good idea before making the rest of them production style!

That's why I restarted the fingerless mitts.  I wanted a new pair to keep my hands warm.  

The first mitt is almost finished.  I'm writing my recipe down as I go along.  I always think I'll remember it, then have to work it out again! 

1 comment:

  1. I agree - dropping your stuff off sounds like the best way to go. Writing down your recipe is a terrific idea! I always think I'll remember - and have to work it out again, too!! - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...