Monday, November 22, 2021

 

Apart from weaving in the ends, the 1st fingerless mitt is finished.  I'm following the pattern I wrote for the first one, to see if there's any errors or omissions.  Found one for the thumb gusset.....repeat rounds 1 - 3 five times.  I hadn't written down what those rounds were!  Glad I found it now and not in the future.  

One of next year's BAPs is learning how to knit cables.  There's a cake of yarn in stash that's earmarked for a cabled scarf.  It's my motivation to finish the WIPs by the end of the year.

Are you ready for Thursday?  I did the last minute shopping today.  All I have to do now is make the pumpkin pie on Wednesday and put the ham in the oven on Thursday.  We're having a 7 layer salad with it, so that's easy.   Plus, yeast rolls.  Grey had looked for them at the shop a few times and couldn't find them.  I said I'd make them, but found some in the freezer section today.  Yay!  I don't mind making them, but if he's happy with shop bought, I'm happy not to make them.

Just after he left work this morning, he had a phone call from one of the ladies who works on his shift, asking if he'd left yet.  She rang to let him know there was a van at a nearby shopping center giving away hams.  Of course, BEB had to ask what the catch was and had they fallen off the back of a truck.  lol  Turns out it was a radio station promotion.  I'd got one last week, so now we have the one for Christmas, too.




1 comment:

  1. BOB would want to know what the catch was too! Free is a VERY good price - LOL - ;))

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...