Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Fiddling and Faddling!



Not sure if I've got the brain power to fiddle and faddle with so many individual blocks just now.  I'm not going to bother trimming this block.  It'll be tucked away with the other one for now.  I'm thinking something repetitious with the whopping bag of strips.  Jenny (the blue heeler) is at over 15 years old and needs more attention, so something I can pick up and put down without much thought is much more my speed just now.  I'm thinking a log cabin quilt.


This is the cross stitch WIP that has my immediate attention.   I think this will be the 7th patriotic project I've stitched on.  One for each year I've been in the US.  I'd like to get it finished in the next couple of weeks, so it can go out for July with the others that are already finished.  It's being stitched on a scrap of 25 count pearl linen that was thrown in a pot of tea.


This would have to be the most peculiar photo I've posted.  It's for a SAL - Cross Stitch Camp.  I don't do a lot of stitch alongs, but this one is fun.  It runs for 3 months and you choose 3 different projects to work on.  Part of it is to put a photo of supplies on Instagram.  


This is my progress.  It's being stitched on a scrap of 32 count Belfast linen.  It will be a Christmas decoration when it's finished.


  This is Quaker Christmas by Bygone Stitches and another SAL with loose criteria.  You just stitch on it as much as you want when you want.


This is my progress and it's a long term WIP, started a few years ago.  I'm out one stitch, so need to sit down and figure out where it is. This is top left corner.  It's being stitched with DMC Hunters Green, which is my favorite Christmas green.


I can't remember the name of this one.  It's by Blackbird Designs and is from the 2012 Just CrossStitch Christmas special magazine.  It's being stitched on a scrap of 14 count tea dyed aida.  Instead of Christmas colors, I pulled purple and grey I dyed, a mystery green and DMC ecru.  This one is also a SAL....stitch on something by Blackbird Designs on the first weekend of every month.  I'm sticking to smalls from the JCS DVD.


This was May's.  It's Wintersong from the 2018 JCS DVD.  The stitching is done and it will be finished as a stocking.  I changed the colors from winter to fall.  They're a couple I dyed.  The fabric is tea dyed scrap of 25 count pearl linen, which I tossed coffee granules on to grunge it up.


This one sat in the WIP pile for a couple of years before it came out again last week.  The fabric is 14 count aida.  It was dyed with Rit fluro green, then crammed into a jar and tea poured it.  The floss is DMC550.

That's all my June cross stitching up to now.


This pattern caught my eye when I was organizing patterns recently.


It came with preprinted calico, so what else could I do except put a few stitches in?  It's being stitched with DMC Hunters Green.  It's just back stitch and French knots, simple and fun.  






























3 comments:

  1. Oh, Sue you have so many beautiful projects going on . A log cabin quilt sounds quite divine. Looking forward to seeing your progress on your WIPS . And I think that is wonderful that you make a patriotic piece for each year that you have been in America. Fabulous idea. I have no doubt you will get it completed. Happy stitching and quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE seeing your projects - so many fun things going on! Simple and fun - can't beat that! - ;))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...