Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Beatie - Blocks One and Two


Back to piecing the Civil War Love Letter Quilt by Rosemary Youngs.  This is a pic of the completed quilt from the back of the book.  I'm making the blocks in order from first to last.  It's working name is Beatie, as Civil War Love Letter Quilt is a bit of a mouthful.  lol   

My color palate is neutrals ranging from cream to dark brown.  All the fabric will be from stash, starting with scraps.  Moving on to neutral yardage.  With the option of overdyeing other stash fabric to add variety.  I have Rit dye and I'm not afraid to use it! lol


My version.  The center fabric is a Debbie Mumm.  I'm a sucker for fabric with any kind of black birds.  I made this on February 6th, so it's been maturing on its own for long enough!  I said back then I was leaving the sashing off and making a lap quilt.  It's a quilter's prerogative to change her mind.  It will be bed sized, with sashing.  If necessary, blocks from the Civil War Diary Quilt will be added to make it long enough on the sides to stop blanket banditing!


The fabric for the second block.


The finished second block from the book.


Progress on my version.  Can you see the difference?  It threw me at first and I wondered what the heck I had done!  Foundation piecing will do that.  It will be unique.  The next step is to trim the pieces down so there's a quarter inch seam and sew them together.


To help line the pieces up, they're being laid face down on a light box. 

The fabrics for the third block have been pulled, so if all goes well (not to plan...whenever I plan, things tend to go cattywampus!) there will be three finished blocks by next week.




3 comments:

  1. Looks like a very fun project and lovely blocks. I am a sucker for blackbirds too - oh and Debbie Mumm fabric. Lol. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete

Progress on Pint Size by Kim Diehl from the book Simple Whatnots III.   The quilt ruler and rotary cutter combo that I'd been using sinc...